An annotated bibliography is a detailed list of references or works that includes an up to 150 words of summary and evaluation of the source. This summary is descriptive and critical in nature as it evaluates the author’s opinion, research methodology and relevance with the research.
Preparing an annotated bibliography requires more detail and accuracy than the usual list of references. Students find this task difficult and find an essay writer to help you with it. Professional writers know how to do it perfectly and help students improve their grades and research.
Do you know that working in an annotated bibliography helps you in many ways? Your teacher does not stress on it without any good reasons. Read on to know about those reasons.
1. It Helps you Get Better Understanding: Since an annotated bibliography needs the writer to provide a detailed overview and critique of the source, it forces the writer to understand it first. It helps you in understanding different perspectives and knowing where your research stands. This way you will understand your references better.
2. It Helps Avoiding Procrastination: Nearly every student is guilty of delaying the research work. For an annotated bibliography, you will have to start early. Preparing an annotated bibliography work and this is why you will have to start early to complete all that work. This means that you need to be active and have less chances of delaying the work.
3. It Facilitates the Research Work: Research shows that working on an annotated bibliography makes you a better researcher and writer. Adding a summary along with the source forces you to work on your critical analysis and writing skills.
These skills are helpful in a number of future endeavors also. Especially if you plan to go for higher studies like PhD then these skills will benefit you a lot, thanks to the annotated bibliography that you prepared in your college.
4. It Helps your Research Advisor: You thought your annotated bibliography is helpful for you only? No, it is equally helpful for your research supervisor also. Since these people are super occupied with loads of things, they do not have enough time to keep up with all the recent research.
Providing a list of annotated bibliography before starting the research and your sessions will help them in knowing about the latest developments in your research area. Knowing this would help them in advising you on your research.
5. It Helps you in Remembering the Resources: Research is an ongoing process in academic life. Having an annotated bibliography will help you in remembering the material of the sources that you have used for your previous research. This way, you will have a list of references that you can use in your future research also.
Preparing an annotated bibliography makes you a better researcher and free essay writer, which will help you in your future research projects.